Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today was the Fort Bidwell BBQ (Chicken & Steak). The profits go to the volunteer fire department. The weather was wonderful and the thunder storms did not appear - nice sun and in the high 70's with little wind (Last year was windy and very wet.). The food was excellent this year and they drew a big crowd but the serving line was under a minute. What a great bunch of efficient volunteers. The JnR Hotel was full so I took the housekeeper with me to take a break since she started at 8am and it was already 1pm when we left. She didn't finish until 5pm. I'm still doing laundry and thinking that I should have taken something out of the freezer for dinner. I guess I will go to the Country Hearth Restaurant and refill my stomach before it gets too late.

I like to automate everything I can to save labor costs and therefore keep low room rates. So I want to automate the housekeepers task list usung Excel. So far no luck but my formula is definately missing something. I am looking in a range of cells for a room number match, then another range of cells with a date plus another range with days staying to see if the room should be cleaned for a new guest or serviced for the existing guest or ignored since it wasn't occupied in the date range. I can get it to work until I change it to ranges of cells. Great challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment